Join us as we compare Finger Lakes Riesling and Cabernet Franc from Silver Thread Vineyard with their counterparts from France!
Virtual Wine and Cheese Pairing Experiences
Virtual Sommelier Experiences
Join Certified Sommelier, owner of Experience! The Finger Lakes, and Wine Instructor, Laura Winter Falk, PhD, as she guides you through a virtual pairing experience with Finger Lakes wines, local cheeses, and charcuterie right in your home. Through a collaboration with Marketview Liquor, Finger Lakes Artisan Foods, and regional wineries, artisan cheesemakers, and food producers, we provide virtual experiences with themed Wine and Cheese or Wine, Cheese and Charcuterie delivered directly to your door.
Each kit contains three full bottles of wine or craft beverages and three food pairings, more than enough sipping and eating for 2-4 people. The number of wines and pairings is customizable based on your budget and interest, and additional accoutrements can be added for an enhanced experience. Create a special event for family and friends featuring a sommelier-curated wine and food pairing zoom presentation that will showcase the magic of pairing with intention.
Public virtual events are typically held on Sundays. Private virtual wine pairings can be booked online for Fridays, or via phone for any day of the week based on availability. See our booking calendar for all available dates.
- $35 – $40 shipping available for most Northeastern states
- We can NOT ship to AL, AK, AR, HI, MI, MS, SD, UT (for these states our Sommelier could make locally available recommendations as alternatives)
- Please allow at least 14 days for your kit to arrive (additional days for shipping to Texas)
- If you are local to the Rochester area, you may arrange to pick up your virtual pairing kit directly from Marketview Liquor
The Three Lakes
The Three Lakes Virtual Wine & Cheese Pairing Experience explores wines from the three main wine-producing Finger Lakes: Cayuga, Seneca, and Keuka. A wine from each lake was selected to pair with locally-crafted cheeses by Lively Run Farm and Creamery. Featured pairings of this kit included:
- Treleaven Wines Semi-Dry Riesling paired with Chevre and Ithaca Honey Works honey
- Lakewood Vineyards Chardonnay paired with Seneca Moon Brie
- Heron Hill Winery Cabernet Franc paired with Shire Beer Cheese and local Knapp Farm Brambleberry jam
The Tres Colores Virtual Wine & Cheese Pairing Experience explores white, red, and rose’ wines from three Finger Lakes wine producers. A wine from each producer was carefully selected to pair with locally-crafted cheeses by Lively Run Farm and Creamery. Featured pairings of this kit included:
- Dr. Konstantin Frank Rkatsiteli paired with Lively Run Chevre’ and F. Olivers Pineapple Vinegar
- Sheldrake Point Winery Dry Rose’ paired with Lively Run Gorge Trail Gouda with F. Oliver’s Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bright Leaf Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon paired with Lively Run Finger Lakes Gold Reserve
New York Gold
Our New York Gold Virtual Wine, Cheese, and Charcuterie Pairing Experience explores three Finger Lakes wines that were recent Gold Medal winners in the 2021 New York Wine Classic competition. Be some of the first to taste these award-winning wines. We have selected each wine for its quality and story and then carefully pair it with locally-crafted foods. Discover the magic, science, and art behind wine and food pairing. Featured pairings of this kit included:
- Dr. Konstantin Frank 2019 Gruner Veltliner paired with First Light Creamery Chevre with Honey
- Bright Leaf Vineyard NV Reserve Blend #1 with Lively Run Finger Lakes Gold cheese
- Goose Watch Winery 2015 Merlot with Battistoni Italian Salami
Virtual Wine & Cheese Pairing
A virtual pairing experience with Finger Lakes wines and local cheeses right in your home. Each kit contains sipping and eating for 2-4 people.
Cider, Wine & Cheese Pairing
A virtual pairing experience with Finger Lakes wines, ciders, and local cheeses right in your home. Each kit contains sipping and eating for 4-6 people.
Wine & Chocolate Pairing
A virtual pairing experience with Finger Lakes wines and local chocolates right in your home. A sommelier-curated wine and food pairing zoom presentation that will showcase the magic of pairing with intention.
Wine & Charcuterie Pairing
A virtual pairing experience with Finger Lakes wines and locally farmed Charcuterie right to your home. Each kit contains sipping and eating for 4-8 people.
Non-Alcoholic Beverage Pairing Experience
The concept of enhanced food pairing is not limited to wine and alcohol! In this virtual pairing experience, Laura will share the principles of pairing based on the structural elements of different non-alcoholic beverages. Kits include three non-alcoholic beverages (Lemonade, Iced Tea and Flavored Sparkling Water) with local cheeses. Each kit contains sipping and eating for 2 people.
Custom Wine Tasting Experience
Create your own wine tasting experience! Contact us and we’ll create a custom kit tailored to your preferences.
Head over to @ExperienceFLX’s IGTV channel on Instagram to view some of the free mini wine classes E!FLX owner, sommelier, and wine instructor, Laura Winter Falk offered this spring.
Viewers are led though classic food pairings, along with suggested classic wines and Finger Lakes versions wine to try at home. Check them out for fun ideas for elevating dinnertime!
- Shrimp Scampi with Oaked Chardonnay
- Barbecue with Zinfandel
- Pepper Crusted Steak and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Blue Cheese with Ice Wine
- Chocolate and Ruby Port
This Virtual Class Series is fun, and informative. Each new pairing session is around 20 – 30 minutes in length – just long enough to inspire.
Go to Experience! The Finger Lakes Instagram page @experienceFLX and click on the IGTV icon and enjoy!
This special virtual wine pairing experience held in 2021, featured Laura Winter Falk with Coravin inventor Greg Lambrecht, Anthony Road winemaker, Peter Becraft and Damiani co-owner Glenn Allen as they discuss and taste their stunning wines paired with curated cheese pairings.